Goosewing Ranch is a great place for kids and teenagers to roam free and explore their sense of adventure in the Wild West. There is a wide range of activities, experiences, and adventures to keep the truly young or the young at heart well entertained. The children’s program is offered from June 21 – August 21 (Peak Season Only) when there will be a kids wrangler staffed. The program runs for about 2 to 4 hours daily, and is best suited for children 6 years and older, children ages 3 – 6 will be accommodated in the young buckaroo’s program, but may also need a parent or adult to attend with them. We don’t offer babysitting.
- Western and Native American Arts & Crafts (dream catchers, horseshoe and river rock painting, face painting, horse painting, bracelet making and more)
- Lawn games (Kickball, three legged races, water balloon toss, and much more)
- Scavenger hunts
- Horse games and horse painting
- Target shooting with BB guns, pellet rifles or .22 rifles
- Archery, and hatchet throwing
- Kids only horseback rides
- Fire making
- Track and scat identifying
- Kids Cabin with lots of Games
- Swimming Pool
- Wagon Rides and Horse Feeding
- Kids Cookout
- Canoeing and water based activities
- Horse grooming and care
- Livestock care, egg collection, pig wrangling, steer chasing
- Native American and local history
- Mountain Man and Cowboy History
We also have a tepee that can be reserved for a family or kids night under the stars. We have a Kids Town with Foosball, shuffle board, and ping pong tables. Children under the age of 3, or not joining the activities program will be the full responsibility of their parents. Baby-sitting may be available with advanced notice for an additional fee. There are no full time baby-sitters on the ranch or life guards at the Pool.
Activities are subject to change.